Once you get the responsibilities of children, the child safety tips may be the most finding topic for you. It’s not an easy job to grow up safely. If you are a new parent, then you may try to know kid’s safety rules first. When your child is up on the feet, the world becomes most adventurous to him/her and he/she love to conquer it. Their tiny feet become restless and your responsibilities for their safety become high and high. At this most exciting stage of life, you may need some safety tips for parents. For your convenience, here we come with some child safety tips for parents both indoor and outdoor. Let us discuss it.
Child safety tips for parents at indoor
Babies are not safe in the house too often. Sometimes small accidents can also take dangerous forms. Here will we discuss some child safety tips for parents at indoor. Hope these kid’s safety tips will help you to keep your child safe at home.
- Ensure safety at playing area:
Make sure the place where your child is playing in the house is safe. Make sure that any sharp object, open electric wire, and other hazardous things should not be there where your baby plays. Your floor should be clean perfectly. Small children usually take up the stuff that is lying on the floor. So keep in mind that there is no unhealthy thing left on the floor.
- Safe from poisonous things:
Keep an eye out for toxic objects. Keep things that can cause toxicity beyond the reach of children. Place such as insecticides, medicines, any kind of chemicals in places where children can’t reach easily. Not only that, teach your toddler the gruesomeness of these poisonous things.
- Ensure safety on crib:
You should be alert when your baby sleeps on the crib. Especially when the baby starts crawling and walking. Baby may wake up and try to get out from the crib and it is risky. Make safe the crib by removing the caution and big toys like teddy for those who now start walking. Baby can use them for getting out from crib by climb on them. If you are alone for looking after your baby then you can use a lightweight stroller like GB pockit stroller. It is a wonderful product for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Keep away from burn:
The tiny fingers run to touch everything of this newer world. Keep away your children from ironing and cooking place. Try to use a pot with plastic handles. Never allow your baby to do anything in the unsupervised kitchen. Keep the hazardous item like hot liquid and food, candles, curing icons, lighters, matches from the reach of children.
- Choose toys carefully:
Choose toys carefully for your child. Check whether there are any harmful objects in the toy. If you have a sharp edge in the toys, refrain from giving them to children. Keep eye on your toddler when they start writing with a pen and pencil. Take note of the battery of toys. If it’s old, change it. Refrain from giving children of glass or fragile toys.
- Don’t allow to play with tiny objects:
When children learn to catch something by hand, they first want to put things in the mouth. The broken part of toys like beads, eyes, necklaces or shoes from dolls can become favorite food for your baby. Even your toddler can put these objects in their mouth, nose, and ears. Fatal accidents can occur due to these objects trapping the baby’s neck or nose. So keep in mind that these small objects are not in any way reachable to the children.
- Do not let them fall:
It is very important child safety tips for parents. When children start crawling, they often fall down form bed, crib or any other high place. It is the age of fall, because they are unsteady on their feet and climbing anywhere is very thrilling to them. So dear parents here are some tips to rescue your child from falling down:
- Keep locked the doorways of dangerous areas like attics, basements, and swimming pool area.
- Arrange safety gates on the top and bottom of all stairways.
- Each window protects with window guards.
- For kid’s safety, keep your alert eye on them when they try to climb on furniture or play at the ground so that can protect instantly in case of fall.
- Protect the child from choking: This age is the most susceptible for choking because they are fond of eat both food and non-food items. To prevent your baby from choking something, you should follow these child safety tips:
- Try to avoid those foods which can block baby’s airways for the age of 4. These foods are hard candies, toffees, nuts, raisins, raw carrot, whole grapes, popcorn, hot dogs, peanut butter and chewing gum.
- Try to serve safe finger food like well-cooked vegetables and pasta, bananas, fruit juice etc.
- Don’t allow to play with such items as rocks, barrettes, safety pins, balloons, buttons, and coins.
- Carefully check the age instruction before buying any toy.
If you are busy then keep anyone adult beside the baby who can watch him/her carefully and able to take an immediate step for the best defense.
- Keep protecting your older children: We generally forget to pay attention to the older children to keep a watch on the small one. As a result, they may be affected by household accidents. So, parents don’t forget to follow child safety tips for your older children also.
You might think that they are now relatively big, so there is less chance of them being in danger. But you are wrong. They are more likely to get hurt because they can walk and run here and there. So keep dangerous things out of their reaches, such as a knife, scissors, and other sharp objects. These age-old children become more curious, so they want to test themselves. So keep away drugs, insecticides and even chemicals of any kind. Do not allow them to use ovens, gas stoves, electric irons, fans etc. alone.
- Some other safety rules: There are some other child safety tips that should be followed by parents.
- Never ever leave your children in the near of water alone. Not only swimming pools or pond you should also stay with your baby even in the bathtub also.
- Try to keep clean your baby all the time. Especially wash their hand frequently because germs often go into the mouth by dirty hands.
- When they play with similar age children then supervised them by an adult. Because a fight between the same age group can hurt one another.
- Teach your toddler how to use the fire alarm and fire extinguishers.
- Memories one or two phone number of your friends or neighbor to your children for an emergency.
- Instructed them to do not open the door for anyone in absence of you without the police or fire brigade team.
- Install safety switch and smoke detector at your house.
- Keep a well-stuffed first aid box near your hand all time.
- Always keep a spare key in a safe place in case of lock the room by children alone.
Child safety tips for parents at outdoor
You may have to go outdoor with your children for various purposes. Or maybe you want to go on a family tour along with your baby. Wherever you go, children are more insecure in outdoor than the indoor. Keep safe the children there are some child safety tips for parents at outdoor. Just follow these tips and keep safe your baby at outdoor.
- Check the play area:
If your child goes at outdoor to play, then check the place carefully for hazard. Any sharp objects like broken glass pieces, a metal which can wound your baby badly. If the playground is at the side of the road and water then never leave your children alone. The best way is to let your baby play at the backyard and you just keep your eyes on him/her from your room.
- Teach about the strangers:
It is very important child safety tips for parents at outdoor. Teach your baby that he/she should never take anything from strangers. Even they should not talk to an unknown person. Teach them through story-telling, if they talk to a stranger or take something, then what kind of dangerous events can happen to the child.
- Wear proper outfits:
Check the weather of outside and select the appropriate outfit according to the place and weather. For your child safety, give extra attention to their footwear. It is the vital child safety tips for outdoor. Keep in mind where are you going to visit and choose the footwear. For example, if you are going hiking then you should wear the boot in spite of normal shoes. If it is winter then wear adequate worm cloth.
- Never forget to use sunscreens:
It is very important child safety tips at outdoor. Children’s skin is very soft and sensitive compared to adults, so severe sunlight can be badly damaged. So don’t forget to apply sunscreen before allow them to play at outdoor under the sun. If you are in a vacation, pack the regular use tube and must apply even before the swim at pool or beach.
- Get preparation for travel:
If you are planning to travel with your kids for a long route then get the preparation for a few days. Take preparation according to your path and transport. Such as, if you planning to use car and travel by road then follow the how to make the successful road trip with a toddler. And if you want to use flight then follow ultimate guide to flying with a baby. These travel tips will help you to make trouble-free your travel and vacation.
- Never stay alone.
This child safety tip is for your younger children. When the children grow up they prefer to live alone or to roam. But it may not always be safe. So when they go out with friends or classmates, instructed them to be in the group together. Explain why being alone can be dangerous for them. Talk to their friends if needed and ask teachers to look after your younger children.
- Use proper lifeguard:
Do not forget to use the necessary safety tools according to the place. Such as use life jacket when kids are going swimming. Use helmet and knee and elbow protector pads while your toddler goes for cycling, hiking or skating. Many parents and children enjoy bike riding around the neighborhood. In the open air and on a less busy road, biking is really very enjoyable. So for save your joy, use a helmet and other protection properly.
- Keep enough hydrated your child:
Children are very reluctant to drink water. On the other hand, when children go out to play, they are naturally very much sweat. Due to a lot of sweating, the body becomes easily dehydrated. Since the children do not want to drink water themselves, you have to pay attention to drinking their water. The best idea is teaching them about the importance of drinking water and danger of dehydration. It will be more effective.
- Use bug spray, if need:
This spray is very important for your older baby. If your kid loves to hike and trekking through the woods then bugs can be big trouble for him. Such as, Ticks carry Lyme disease (a very harmful disease). So, you should be aware of bugs and use the spray for the check.
- Keep an emergency note to the pocket:
It is the most important child safety tips for a parent at outdoor. Write down your name and contact number in a piece of paper and keep it into the pocket of our baby’s outfit or bag. You can also use the digital tracking device. Keep the device into the baby’s bag and track him/her with your Smartphone if needed.
N.B.: Save the emergency numbers in your mobiles or hang on the wall in fronts of the phone desk.
We have discussed some useful child safety tips for parents both indoor and outdoor. We have tried to include all aspects related to the child safety in the above tips. Hope these will be helpful for you. Follow these carefully and stay fine with your lovely little one. Don’t forget to share your experience if these tips are workable for you.